Ophidian Dragon blogs his way through the entire Ultima series, from beginning to end.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ultimaiku

I've decided it would be amusing to write haiku for each day playing each game, describing my accomplishments, or lack thereof. Here's some for the early games:


Akalabeth:
British is stingy
The thieves steal out of my hands!
Then I starve to death
...
Amulets are key
Lizard man kills everything
Gremlins? Still tough


Ultima:
Dungeons give hit points
Stealing from shops gives weapons
All that's left is quests
...
Signposts and monsters
And lonely jailed princesses
Can all raise my stats
...
I am a space ace
Now the princess likes me more
(Mondain likes me less)


Ultima II:
British: Still stingy
The ride-thru guy hates me now
My boat slaughters all
...
While exploring space
A mass of jesters killed me
But I got the ring
...
DIE FOOL she tells me,
Mondain-with-two-less-pixels...
ALL HER WORKS SHALL DIE!


Escape from Mt. Drash:
The gremlins: so cute!
The mazes: pretty easy
The game: just awful


UW, two days worth, tomorrow. Due to haiku, my thoughts are short. Sleep time.

No comments: